Posted: November 21, 2018
Closing: December 15, 2018
Job Type: Full-time, permanent position
Location: Bedford, NS
Agile Underwriting Solutions (‘Agile’) is a Managing General Insurance Agency (MGA) specialized in finding solutions for hard to place Personal and Commercial lines risks of all kinds across Canada. Founded in 1995, Agile is committed to providing a superior level of personalized service to our broker partners, no matter how small or complex the risk may seem. What sets us apart is our team of specialists and our unwavering commitment to fast and consistent service, along with our easy to understand products and clear policy documentation. For more than 20 years we’ve delivered on this promise and our product and service capabilities continue to expand and improve, providing more comprehensive solutions for our clients.
Agile’s parent company, Storm Insurance Group, is one of Atlantic Canada’s leading and fastest growing multi-distribution channel insurance organizations. Storm Insurance Group’s family of companies include A.P. Reid Insurance, MyGroup Insurance Broker Ltd., Agile Underwriting Solutions and ZipSure Insurance Broker Ltd.
The Underwriting Assistant supports the Underwriting team in servicing brokers with submissions, processing and customer service; working together to meet company goals and service level agreements.
- Process and issue policy documents.
- Meet or exceed service level agreement timelines.
- Complete assigned insurance and office administrative tasks.
- Learn insurance products and coverages for the potential to develop into an Underwriter and/or to take on greater responsibility.
Skills, Efforts, Competencies and Specifications:
- Strong working knowledge of MS office suite products.
- Ability to learn new computer systems quickly.
- Clear communicator, with professional communication skills.
- Ability to work in a team, take direction and work with time sensitive files.
- Highly organized, with attention to detail
- Able to work independently, set out daily responsibilities and ensure consistent productivity.
- Can accept and embrace change
- Post-secondary school education and/or equivalent on the job experience.
- Minimum 1-3 years’ experience in insurance customer service or related business/financial sectors.
- Willing to learn the insurance industry in-depth and participate in professional development.
Applying to Storm Insurance Group
We welcome applications that include your cover letter, resume and any other career portfolio material you would like to provide.
As an applicant, you agree that by providing personal information in response to this ad, and otherwise in any recruitment process with Storm Insurance Group, and its affiliated companies, your personal information may be retained for recruitment purposes only, for a period up to twelve months.
We thank you for applying; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. If you are invited to an interview, please get to know us in advance and come with questions! We want this to be a two-way dialogue. Find us at www.agileuw.ca and www.stormins.ca
Storm Insurance Group family of companies is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace.