Position: Personal Insurance Advisor
Location: New Glasgow,NS; Halifax, NS
Start Date: Immediate
The successful candidate will be a quick learner, have insurance designations (CIP, CAIB or CRM) with a willingness to pursue. Expectation of at least 1 CIP course per year with plan to complete CIP in 7 years. Minimum of one year property and casualty insurance experience required. Service experience a must. Although this is primarily a service position, we are committed to growth and salaries reflect the amount of volume you can handle. Commissions are paid on all new business written monthly, along with other perks and bonuses. This position is available immediately. The Personal Insurance Advisor will be required to maintain and grow an assigned book/ or the company overall. To increase the size of the office through the sale of new policies to new clients, retaining existing clients, selling existing clients additional coverages and polices.EDUCATION & TECHNICAL COMPETENCIES
- University degree or College Diploma (or working on one).
- Insurance designations (CIP, CAIB or CRM) with a willingness to pursue. Expectation of at least 1 CIP course per year with plan to complete CIP in 7 years.
- Proficient with in-house systems (EPIC, MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel).
- A professional level of English (both verbal and written) is required.
- Nova Scotia Insurance License – willing to obtain other provincial licenses
- Customer Service Oriented
- Action and Result Oriented
- Sound & Timely Decision Making Skills
- Excellent Time Management & Organizational Skills
- Sound Problem Solving Skills
- Proven Negotiating Skills
Office environment with some travel and expectation to participate in relevant industry functions and community events. Flexible Hours required with regular shift being 11am-8pm Mon- Friday.
Applications will be evaluated upon submission and interviews will commence immediately. Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. We offer competitive salaries and benefits, commissions on new business, fully paid Insurance Courses and opportunities for advancement.