Storm Insurance Group is seeking a highly-motivated and experienced Marketing Specialist to join the Corporate Operations team in Dartmouth, Nova Scotia. The Marketing Specialist will be an integral part of the company’s overall marketing efforts, and will be responsible for developing and executing marketing plans on a local and national level.
The Marketing specialist should also have an understanding of marketing elements (including traditional and digital marketing such as SEO/Social media etc.) and market research methods. The goal of the Marketing Specialist will be to deliver effective marketing programs that will help the reputation and growth of the companies within the Storm Insurance Group.
- Conduct market research to find answers about customer needs and preferences, habits and trends, as well as demographics and buying habits, with the goal of identifying potential markets for sales.
- Assist in analyzing market data (campaign results, conversion rates, traffic etc.) to help shape future marketing strategies. Develop reports and presentations to translate complex findings into easy-to-understand text.
- Collaborate with divisional leaders and the business development team to coordinate brand awareness and marketing efforts.
- Plan and execute initiatives to reach the target audience through appropriate channels (social media, e-mail, TV etc.), and to create brand loyalty among existing clients.
- Write press releases, copy for websites, brochures, newspapers, radio and social media outlets.
- Liaise with external vendors to execute promotional events and campaigns.
- Proactively design, update, order & maintain promotional products, brochures, signage and tools. Gather marketing materials for promotions.
- Lead ongoing management of digital touch points, including our websites, social media pages.
- Attend and contribute to staff conferences to educate management about research findings and discuss proposals for branding and promoting products.
- Monitor budgets by comparing and analysing actual results with plans and forecasts.
- Brainstorm and develop ideas for creative marketing campaigns.
- Monitor marketing industry news and submit reports on emerging trends to management each month.
- Other tasks as determined by the Executive team to benefit the team and our collective goals.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Post-secondary diploma/degree with a concentration in Marketing and/or Communications, or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in a marketing capacity.
- Solid computer skills, including MS Office, marketing software (Adobe Creative Suite) and applications (Web analytics, Google Adwords etc.)
- Experience with websites and graphic design.
- Exceptional communication and writing skills.
- Well-organized and detail oriented with strong time management skills.
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced, collaborative environment, and manage multiple projects across multiple lines of business.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize tasks based on relative importance and urgency.
- Financial and Insurance Industry experience beneficial.
- Possess strong interpersonal skills, be able to establish and maintain strong working relationships with business representatives and project team members.
- Willingness to study Insurance business acumen.
Who You are:
- Bold, innovative and ready to make a difference.
- Honest and professional, a strong team player.
- Big picture thinker, go-getter, self-starter.
- Have a mindset and behaviour that embraces chance, can manage deadlines.
- Have solid time management skills, ready to handle a variety of responsibilities and priorities.
- Have excellent analytical, communication and presentation skills.
- Have a love for learning.
Located in our corporate Dartmouth, NS office environment, this position may require some travel to stores and for events and marketing initiatives. Monday- Friday work week, and requires flexibility to work weekends or evenings for events, as required.
Closing Date:June 5, 2018