Position: Customer Service Advisor
Location: New Glasgow, Metro Halifax, Bridgewater
Start Date: Immediate
As our Digital Service Advisor you’ll provide superior insurance customer service to our A.P. Reid and MyGroup client groups and customers, and work with our business partners. Day to day you will manage, promote and focus on the growth and retention of our retail, group and online business segments. Using your professional communication skills, you are the first point of contact for our customers and will engage by way of email, web-chat, and phone.
Your quick-learning style and savvy computer skills will set you a part when you managing many aspects of the insurance programs, providing technical, product and service advice, updating and maintaining databases, recommending and processing change requests.
Our ideal candidate:
You are an exceptional, top performing individual with a core value of customer excellence. Our successful candidate will be a quick learner and have a desire to establish a very rewarding career with unlimited potential. You hold an insurance license, and possibly an insurance designations (CIP, CAIB or CRM), or willing to commit to achieving one of these credible designations.
- 1-3 years in a Customer Service role mandatory, preferably in the insurance or financial industry.
- A minimum of one year Property and Casualty insurance experience is an asset.
- Commitment to complete at least 1 CIP course per year with plan to complete CIP in 7 years.
- University degree or College Diploma (or working on one).
- Nova Scotia Insurance License – willing to obtain other provincial licenses within the first 30 days of employment.
- Proficient with in-house systems (MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel, EPIC would be an asset, etc.).
- A professional level of English (both verbal and written) required.
- Customer Service Oriented
- Action and Result Oriented
- Sound & Timely Decision Making Skills
- Excellent Time Management & Organizational Skills
- Sound Problem Solving Skills
- Proven Negotiating Skills
- The utmost Integrity and professional ethics
In return we offer:
- A workplace that is innovative and growth-minded. We’re not shy to invest and take calculated risk to grow our business.
- A role that is challenging, rewarding and offers continuous change.
- Our priorities are our clients, people and culture.
- Competitive employee benefit package.
Market competitive paid time off. Professional Development opportunities.Current location offers ample free parking and convenient shopping in the area.
Office environment with some travel and expectation to participate in relevant industry functions and community events. Flexible Hours required. Monday- Friday.
As an applicant, you agree that by providing personal information in response to this ad, and otherwise in any recruitment process with Storm Insurance Group, or its affiliated companies, your personal information may be retained for recruitment purposes only, for a period up to twelve months.
We thank you for applying; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. If you are invited to an interview, please get to know us in advance and come with questions! We want this to be a two-way dialogue.
Storm Insurance Group is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. Storm Insurance Group will provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities in the job application process. If you have difficulty using our online application system and you need an accommodation due to a disability, please send an email to email@example.com