Reporting to the Director, Corporate Operations the IT Business System Analyst serves as a subject matter expert in Information Technology, bridging the Storm Insurance Group Company’s IT business model requirements with innovative technology solutions. Partnering with Business Directors, you will identify, research, develop and create new products and solutions, and optimize current systems, including stakeholder assessments, working with vendor providers, IT team and leaders.
- Work with business leaders to understand their IT e-commerce needs; help develop and adapt the product vision and continuously improve their IT systems and application to the business.
- Assess the application’s business model requirements for integration with technology.
- Build and maintain a relationship with the product stakeholders, partners and vendors.
- Help optimize the usage of systems and coordinate required training;
- Review, evaluate current applications for optimization, maintain and enhance on an ongoing basis.
- Liaising with development team and business team to track requirements and features of new application.
- Responsible for design considerations, assemble the development team, implementation of deliverable timelines and oversee the systems development life cycle.
- Identify application database requirements and structure
- Manage system integration, data conversion, application upgrades and functional enhancements projects;
- Support Marketing to enhance, maintain and create innovative functionality to company websites.
Other duties will include:
- Respond to IT requests from employees and see to troubleshooting.
- Oversee the management of multiple IT projects including: inventory management, capital replacement, IT onboarding.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Engineering.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience as Business Analyst in an enterprise environment
- Recent experience in a technical software development role in the last 2 years.
- Proven analytical skills and experience in a multi-faceted business/organization
- Previous experience working with LAMP stack applications.
- Proven Project management experience.
- Financial and Insurance Industry experience beneficial.
- Possess strong interpersonal skills, be able to establish and maintain strong working relationships with business representatives and project team members
- Proven ability to manage one or more large or complex projects or a number of smaller projects simultaneously;
Who you are:
- Innovative and a change champion by nature
- Ability to orient and learn customer management systems quickly, becoming a subject matter expert.
- Possesses understanding in the areas of application programming, database and system design
- Able to work in a highly effective team environment who are results focused and able to partner with and respond to business divisions to achieve desired results.
- Superior negotiation and facilitation skills
- Exceptional communication and organizational skills
- Demonstrated knowledge of project management, change management approaches, standards and best practices
- Strong business aptitude coupled with technical skills and a deep understanding of customer’s needs so that they can be transformed into application and operational requirements
- Strong working knowledge of the systems development lifecycle methodology, quality assurance techniques, design techniques, and change management
- Maintain a high level of knowledge and awareness of computer industry trends by attending training courses, seminars and general reading. Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
In return we offer:
- A workplace that is innovative and growth-minded. We’re not shy to invest and take calculated risk to grow our business.
- A role that is challenging, rewarding and offers continuous change.
- Competitive Total Rewards Program
- Our priorities are our clients, people and culture.
- Opportunity to make a difference and identify new technology opportunities
- Current location offers ample free parking and convenient shopping in the area.
Located in our corporate Dartmouth, NS office environment, this position will require some travel. Monday- Friday work week, and requires flexibility to work weekends to perform IT system updates, as required.
Applying to Storm Insurance Group
We welcome applications that include your cover letter, resume and any other career portfolio material you would like to provide.
As an applicant, you agree that by providing personal information in response to this ad, and otherwise in any recruitment process with Storm Insurance Group, or its affiliated companies, your personal information may be retained for recruitment purposes only, for a period up to twelve months.
We thank you for applying; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. If you are invited to an interview, please get to know us in advance and come with questions! We want this to be a two-way dialogue.
Storm Insurance Group is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace.
Closing Date: April 27, 2018