Grow with us at A.P. Reid Insurance, a Storm Insurance Group company.
Customer Service Advisor – Position Overview
As one of our valued and high performing Personal Lines Insurance advisors (Customer Service Advisor) you’ll provide superior insurance service to our customers. Day to day you will manage, promote and focus on the growth and retention of our retail business and promote our new Client Access Centre. Using your professional communication skills, you are the first point of contact for our customers and will engage by way of email, phone and in person.
- Respond to customer inquiries for their insurance needs, in accordance with established service timelines, regulations and procedures, providing an exceptional customer experience.
- Identify opportunities for savings based on clients insurance portfolio and educate clients of various insurance products.
- Deliver on your commitment to the clients in terms of setting expectations, quoting accurately, and responding to their policy change needs.
- Provide a positive, helpful, professional and knowledgeable experience for the clients.
- Prepare and present quotes, and follow up with clients.
- Support regional team with service levels through walk-ins, calls and emails.
- Promote our latest technology, Client Access Centre for self-service options.
- Maintain client accounts in accordance with established procedures.
- Pursue a program of personal and professional development.
- Foster and maintain a positive working environment within the entire A.P. Reid organization.
- Perform other specific duties as directed by the Manager and National Director Personal Lines.
- Post-secondary school education and/or equivalent on the job experience.
- Minimum 1-3 years’ experience in insurance.
- Licensed Insurance Agent from any province, and willing to obtain provincial general insurance licenses within the first six months.
- Willing to learn the insurance industry in-depth and participate in professional development.
Skills and Competencies
- The utmost Integrity and professional ethics
- A professional level of English (both verbal and written) required.
- Bilingual French an asset.
- Customer Service focused and willing to adhere to company policies and procedures
- Positive energy and forward thinking mindset
- Results -oriented
- Excellent Time Management & Organizational Skills
- Strong problem solving skills
- Proficient with computers and information management systems. (MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel, EPIC would be an asset, etc.).
Our Ideal Candidate:
You are a top performing individual with a core value of customer excellence and embracing change. You are a quick learner, tech savvy and have a desire to establish a very rewarding career with unlimited potential.
Storm Insurance Group is one of Atlantic Canada’s leading and fastest growing insurance organizations. Storm Insurance Group’s family of companies include: A.P. Reid Insurance, My Group Insurance Broker Ltd., Agile Underwriting Solutions and ZipSure Insurance Broker. A.P Reid is proud to receive the 2017 “Top 10 Brokerages in Canada” award.
Building on our national expansion and e-commerce strategies, we’re focused on providing superior service and advice to Canadians for the protection of personal and commercial insurance products and services. Whether comparing quotes, handling policy claims, or helping build stronger communities by investing in community projects, we are committed to providing service first in all that we do.
We are committed to leveraging our collective strengths to build a strong business that outperforms and reaches far beyond traditional barriers. And we are equally invested in our people. The career options and potential for personal growth at Storm Insurance Group is limited only by the efforts and imagination of our employees. We’re building talented, growth-minded teams who want to succeed, love coming to work and giving back to our communities.
We operate on a business model unlike any other in our industry today. A model which has enabled us to consistently outperform our competitors, grow to becoming Atlantic Canada’s only national insurance brokerage and earned us the awards and reputation for being one of the most innovative insurance firms in the country.
Our Purpose – Serve. Adapt. Innovate. Lead. (SAIL)
Experience the rewards of a growing company.
- A workplace that is innovative and growth-minded. We’re not shy to invest and take calculated risk to grow our business.
- A role that is challenging, rewarding and offers continuous change.
- A strategic direction where employees know how they contribute to the overall company.
- Our priorities are our service, innovation, community, growth, and profitability
- Competitive Total Rewards benefit package.
- Professional Development opportunities.
Our Working Environment
Office environment with some travel and expectation to participate in relevant industry functions and community events. Business hours are Monday- Friday, with flexibility of hours.
Apply to Storm Insurance Group
To ensure we receive your high-quality formatted resume, you can also send us your application through the Storm Group Insurance website, www.stormins.ca, refer to contact details. We welcome applications that include your cover letter, resume and any other career portfolio material you would like to provide.
As an applicant, you agree that by providing personal information in response to this ad, and otherwise in any recruitment process with Storm Insurance Group, or its affiliated companies, your personal information may be retained for recruitment purposes only, for a period up to twelve months.
We thank you for applying; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. If you are invited to an interview, please get to know us in advance and come with questions! We want this to be a two-way dialogue.
Storm Insurance Group is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. Storm Insurance Group will provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities in the job application process. If you have difficulty using our online application system and you need an accommodation due to a disability, please email us.
Job Type: Full-time