Position: Senior Commercial Underwriter
Location: Bedford, Nova Scotia
Agile Underwriting Solutions (“Agile”) is a Managing General Insurance Agency (MGA) specializing in hard to place Personal and Commercial property coverage. We develop industry specific programs to fit specific needs that brokers have told us are not adequately met by other insurance markets. Agile began operations in 1995 and since then has helped countless Canadian brokers find coverage for challenging Personal and Commercial Lines accounts.
We are currently seeking a Senior Commercial Underwriter to develop and grow the business by writing new business, managing a renewal portfolio and bringing existing products across Canada while maintaining profitability, and delivering exceptional response times.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities:
- P&C Underwriting
- Underwrite new business as presented by a broker’s office
- Achieve assigned monthly sales goals
- Maintain the existing renewal book
- Underwrite and negotiate renewals
- Ensure Customer Service Standards are consistently met
- Portfolio Management
- Monitor each key Broker’s results semi-annually
- Monitor Underlying Portfolio results and adjust accordingly
- Report directly to Senior management
- Minimum of three years as a property/casualty underwriter
- Completion of CIP/CAIB/CRM (or in the process of completion)
- Excellent time management, problem solving, and business writing skills
- Ability to multitask and work efficiently under tight deadlines.
- Exceptional customer service and organizational skills
- High-functioning, self motivated, focused, goal and detail oriented
- University degree or post-secondary diploma an asset
- Strong broker relationships
- Demonstrable proficiency in underwriting basic to moderately complex books of commercial property and casualty products, including underwriting coverage, pricing, production and delivery, risk management and managing local brokerage plans
- Ability to take initiative and work effectively with minimal direction
Applications will be
evaluated upon submission and interviews will commence immediately. Only
applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please apply by forwarding your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org