Grow with us at Storm Insurance Group!
Storm Insurance Group is one of Atlantic Canada’s leading and fastest growing insurance organizations. Storm Insurance Group’s family of companies include: A.P. Reid Insurance, MyGroup Insurance Brokers Limited, Agile Underwriting Solutions and ZipSure.ca. We are proud to receive the 2017 “Top 10 Brokerages in Canada” award for A.P. Reid Insurance.
Building on our national expansion and e-commerce strategies, we’re focused on providing superior service and advice to Canadians for the protection of personal and commercial insurance products and services. Whether comparing quotes, handling policy claims, or helping build stronger communities by investing in community projects, we are committed to Service Firstin all that we do.
We are committed to leveraging our collective strengths to build a strong business that outperforms and reaches far beyond traditional barriers. And we are equally invested in our people. The career options and potential for personal growth at Storm Insurance Group is limited only by the efforts and imagination of our employees. We’re building talented, inspired and growth-minded teams who want to succeed, love coming to work and giving back to our communities.
We operate on a business model unlike any other in our industry today. A model which has enabled us to consistently outperform our competitors, grow to becoming Atlantic Canada’s only national insurance brokerage and earned us the awards and reputation for being one of the most innovative insurance firms in the country.
- Innovation to compete: We believe in “See a need, fill a need”
- Service First for growth: Our motto is “Service First”
- Technology for the future: We are consistently investing in technology.
- Unlimited opportunity for all: There are no glass ceilings at Storm Insurance Group.
Reporting to the Director, Corporate Operations, the IT Programmer serves as a subject matter expert in Information Technology programming. In collaboration of the IT Business Analyst and Directors, you will support the Analyst with two projects: maintaining the current website back end programming (LAMP), and assist in the development of a new system.
- Work with IT Business Analyst to assess the requirements and recommendations for existing and future IT technology platforms.
- Work with the IT team to maintain the current LAMP applications (front and back end).
- Maintain and upgrade existing systems as business requirements change.
- Work with vendors to achieve business IT goals.
- Have expertise in building secure Restful APIs & SOAP.
- Knowledge of version control software such as GIT, SVN.
- Knowledge and working with databases such as mySql.
- Have expertise in building secure api/webservices, job scheduler and reports.
- Should have creative & problem solving mindset.
- Payment gateway integration
- Effective communications and documentation skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Engineering.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience as a LAMP programmer
- PHP larval framework required
- Must be currently living in Canada
Be a part of building one of Canada’s leading insurance brokers!
Learn more about Storm Insurance Group at www.stormins.ca. No unsolicited agency referrals please.
In return we offer:
- A workplace that is innovative and growth-minded. We’re not shy to invest and take calculated risk to grow our business.
- A role that is challenging, rewarding and offers continuous change.
- Competitive Total Rewards Program
- Our priorities are our clients, people and culture.
- Opportunity to make a difference and identify new technology opportunities
Position Status: Contractposition, part-time hours with potential for full-time depending on programming experience.
Located in our corporate Dartmouth, NS office and requires flexibility to work weekends to perform IT system updates, as required.
Applying to Storm Insurance Group
We welcome applications that include your cover letter, resume and any other career portfolio material you would like to provide. Storm Insurance Group is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace.
As an applicant, you agree that by providing personal information in response to this ad, and otherwise in any recruitment process with Storm Insurance Group, or its affiliated companies, your personal information may be retained for recruitment purposes only, for a period up to twelve months.
We thank you for applying; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. If you are invited to an interview, please get to know us in advance and come with questions! We want this to be a two-way dialogue. Find us at www.stormins.ca.