The ideal Candidate should be able to perform the following duties;
- Provide Commercial account assistance to all account executives.
- Process and prepare policies, cover notes, invoices and client correspondence for new and renewal business.
- Review policies and endorsements for deficiencies in coverage/limits.
- Field telephone calls from clients, answer questions and responds to requests.
- Handle all tasks and client inquiries in accordance with established timelines, and written policies and procedures ensuring an exceptional customer experience.
- Manage client complaints and concerns with professional communication; escalate for complex situations.
- Handle clients requests for information such as Certificate of Insurance, prepare binders, liability cards, and other correspondence in accordance to established procedures.
- Pursue a program of personal and professional development.
- Foster and maintain a positive working environment within Sheppard Insurance. Promote Sheppard Insurance positively in the community encouraging friends, family and acquaintances to become a client or employee.
- Perform other specific duties as directed by the Manager and National Director Commercial Lines.
- Read, understand and adhere the Company’s policies, procedures and Code of Conduct.
- Responsible to keep informed and, where applicable, communicate to team members supplier appetites, underwriting philosophies and industry developments through review of Insurer memos, notices training meetings.
- Must have a minimum of a Alberta Level 1 General License,
- Knowledge of EPIC & Policy works an assist.
- One year plus Property and Casualty insurance experience. Customer Service Experience required.
- Willing to learn the insurance industry in-depth and participate in professional development.
- In progress to obtain, or willing to obtain, CAIB designation. The Company requires Insurance continuing education aligned with provincial regulations and personal professional.
Skills and Competencies
- The utmost Integrity and professional ethics
- A professional level of English (both verbal and written) required.
- Customer Service focused and willing to adhere to company policies and procedures
- Positive energy and forward thinking mindset
- Results -oriented
- Excellent Time Management & Organizational Skills
- Strong problem solving skills